Melbourn, United Kingdom
Your work as a Legal Counsel at TTP will be a powerful catalyst for change. Our creation of new products and technologies transform people’s lives. Our reach is global, and our consultants impact a wide spectrum of industries including healthcare, life sciences, communications, and green energy. You can help transform the inventive ideas of our scientists and engineers into reality by negotiating and creating commercially viable contracts.
Operating within the IP and Legal Team, you’ll be the legal face of TTP. By interacting with a wide range of stakeholders across the business, you’ll quickly become the go-to advisor for legal support, mentoring and guidance.
You’ll get to partner with internal stakeholders in negotiations with clients and their legal counsels. Sometimes these can be challenging or frustrating, and your role will be to find constructive ways through. Although there will be an operational focus, you’ll also find opportunities to work strategically with TTP’s business leaders on matters including corporate risk/liability and compliance.
The focus of your work will be the confidentiality, development, and licensing agreements that underpin our consulting business. There will also be opportunities to support the foundation, development, and disposal of spin-out businesses within TTP Group, formed to exploit specific novel technologies.
Unlike a legal practice, there’ll be no direct involvement in business development and no ‘billable hours’. TTP also takes a minimalist approach to bureaucracy; we value freedom and collaboration within a pacey, creative and commercial environment. It means you’ll have the space to do your best work.
What you will be doing:
- Drafting, reviewing, and advising on legal agreements across TTP Group.
- Supporting negotiations with client’s counsel, commercial executives and/or other commercial stakeholders.
- Contributing to our core risk and compliance position, e.g. considering the business risks arising from standard terms and legal structures in the context of the evolving legal and commercial environment.
- Working with business leaders, providing insight and support on transactional strategies relating to commercial exploitation of cutting-edge technologies.
- Mentoring colleagues across the business to develop their legal knowledge and negotiating skills, and contributing to our structured knowledge base.
- Experience working as a contracts lawyer or solicitor (either in private practice or in-house) with experience in the drafting and direct negotiation of business-to-business contracts.
- Sound judgment in determining the commercial significance of legal matters and effectively minimizing commercial risks.
- A blend of strategic and agile thinking in sometimes challenging negotiations, whilst remaining personable and engaged.
- A working knowledge of data protection (GDPR and equivalent) legislation is helpful but not essential.
- Hybrid working will be considered for this position, although the ability to spend some proportion of the working week on-site is critical to building relationships across our business.
- Annual profit-related bonus.
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay.
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependants.
- Free lunch and all-day refreshments.
- Life insurance worth 6x salary.
- 25 days holiday.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, with the option to return part-time for a year.
- Electric car leasing scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season ticket loan.
- Access to wide range of activities including squash, Zumba, yoga, arts and crafts, and TTP’s own rock band.
- Local sports facilities and theatre discounts and memberships.
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.
So, if you’re ready to take on an in-house Commercial Lawyer role that will have a positive impact globally, apply now.
Every application will receive a response.