Manufacturing Manager - Tonejet
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Are you ready to take on a manufacturing leadership role with direct responsibility for all aspects of production in a fast-growing technology company? Perhaps you are already a successful leader who is looking for the chance to shape an organisation from the ground up?
Tonejet designs and manufactures digital printing systems for direct packaging decoration. Our unique beverage can printing technology will disrupt the rapidly expanding craft beverage industry and is now beginning beta testing in Canada and the UK. The market for our product is booming, with end users wanting shorter runs and greater supply chain efficiency whilst consumers reject plastic and glass packaging in favour of lightweight fully recyclable aluminium.
We are looking for a manufacturing specialist to steer us from prototype to series production, building upon strong existing foundations to create a world-class manufacturing operation in our newly opened facility near Cambridge.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Leading and growing all aspects of our printing system manufacturing activity from receipt of order to customer site commissioning.
- Running, equipping and maintaining our production facility.
- Developing Tonejet’s manufacturing strategy as we grow from beta installations into series machine production.
- Recruiting and retaining staff.
- Communicating plans, processes and progress to colleagues at all levels of the business.
- Driving continuous improvement, DFMA and cost-down initiatives in partnership with the R&D and NPD teams.
The successful candidate will need to combine exceptional people-skills and a passion for precision with the energy and vision required to create a world-class manufacturing operation.
We are looking for somebody with experience of:
- Production of high-value, low volume precision-machinery, printing equipment, instrumentation or similar.
- ERP systems such as Infor or SAP.
- Managing and motivating shop-floor production teams; scheduling work; planning machine builds and reporting progress clearly to senior management.
- Working in a quality driven environment, including familiarity with Quality Plans and relevant ISO standards (ISO9001 etc).
- Working in partnership with an engineering team to feed back, process and implement design improvements.
Additionally, experience in any of the following areas will be an advantage:
- Digital printing equipment or technology
- Working within a start-up business transitioning to series machine manufacture
Tonejet is part of TTP Group, an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- A generous employer pension contribution
- Employee share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Profit share
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.