Materials Assistant - Tonejet
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Tonejet Ltd is seeking a Materials Assistant to join the materials team in the manufacture of ground-breaking digital printing machinery. Primarily you will be expected to assist the material team with the procurement of all materials using an ERP system, communicating with a large supplier base and liaising with other departments within the business. You will also be required to provide cover within the goods in and stores area as and when required.
Job role and responsibilities:
- Communicating with suppliers to obtain quotations for the supply of a wide range of different materials.
- Raising Purchase Orders using the ERP system
- Progressing existing orders to ensure on time deliveries and raising alerts to any issues or delays
- Goods In - receiving goods, verifying delivered parts are correct, processing their receipt against purchase orders and updating the ERP system accordingly. Attention to detail is paramount when performing this task.
- We are a small company and flexibility is key. You may be asked to carry out other duties from time to time to help the smooth and effective running of the manufacturing department and the facility.
Qualifications & experience
- Previous experience within a manufacturing company and ideally previous purchasing experience is desired
- A full, UK driving licence and a minimum of two years driving experience
- Confident and accurate written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems & use of MS Office applications
- Qualified to GCSE level Grade C (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics
- Diligent and inquisitive with excellent attention to detail
- Able to work proactively and independently, be methodical and exceptionally organised but with the judgement to seek help and assistance where necessary
- Ability to multitask whilst maintaining good levels of accuracy
- Determination to follow through on challenging tasks with logical reasoning and a “can do attitude”
- Willingness to learn new skills and the ability to adapt to change
Tonejet is part of TTP Group, an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- A generous employer pension contribution
- Employee share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Profit share
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.