Mechanical Build Engineer - Tonejet
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Tonejet manufactures industrial systems for the direct decoration of beverage cans and other packaging. We're seeking a hands-on Mechanical Build Engineer to take a key position within a small manufacturing team in the manufacture of ground-breaking digital printing machinery. The ideal candidate will build mechanical assemblies and sub-assemblies in accordance to the mechanical drawings and specifications.
Job role and responsibilities:
- Building devices, machinery or instruments, working closely with Mechanical and Electrical Designers.
- Electrical wiring to schematics as required.
- Debugging mechanical and electrical operation in conjunction with subject matter experts.
- Carrying out verification testing according to specification.
- Carrying out informal testing to own initiative.
- Contributing to generation of build documentation.
- Actively generating design or manufacturing process improvements.
- Establish and maintain organised and tidy build areas.
- Maintain a safe working environment within the production areas and the shop floor.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Minimum five years hands-on with products or instruments in a manufacturing environment, involved in building, commissioning, testing and iterative debugging.
- Minimum level 3 Mechanical Engineering diploma.
- Expert user of hand tools with some machine tools use would be advantageous
- A knowledge of good practice relating to Health and Safety Regulations.
- A good knowledge and recognition of manufacturing materials is essential.
- Methodical and organised and able to work on own initiative and in a small team.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing tools
- A Fork-lift truck licence would be a plus.
- Good organisational skills.
- Confident and accurate written and verbal communication.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing project priorities.
- Diligence, attention to details and inquisitiveness.
- Able to work proactively with the judgement to seek help and collaboration where necessary.
- Determination to follow through on challenging tasks.
- Logical reasoning, with a “can do attitude”.
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm in the application of Engineering and Science to solving problems
- Able to manage own workload, communicating realistic timescales to others to help in overall project planning
Tonejet is part of TTP Group, an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- A generous employer pension contribution
- Employee share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Profit share
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.