Mechanical Design Engineer
Cambridge, United Kingdom
TTP is an established Technology Consulting firm with an excellent track record operating out of our science park south of Cambridge. We partner with global companies and ambitious start-ups to create innovative products and breakthrough technologies for our clients.
For this role we are seeking a bright and versatile Mechanical Design Engineer to contribute to the design and development of a diverse range of new products, devices and scientific instruments.
Your main responsibilities will be:
Qualifications and Training
- Mechanical designer with experience of product or instrumentation development in a high technology industry
- Ideally, a minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience, but outstanding candidates with fewer or many more are also welcomed.
- Highly proficient in 3D CAD (ideally including SolidWorks)
Skills and Experience
- Innovative problem solving
- Wide range of design experience which may include products, assembly jigs, test equipment or instrumentation
- Excellent time management skills, able to balance priorities of multiple projects
- Able to present ideas through sketches, and ideally also animations or renderings
- Knowledge of a wide range of manufacturing techniques
- Ability to design plastic injection moulded parts would be an advantage
- Experience of sourcing off-the-shelf and custom parts and building relationships with and managing suppliers
- Hands-on ability to build, test and troubleshoot
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- A generous employer pension contribution
- Employee share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Profit share
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.