Mechanical Design Engineer - Life Sciences
Cambridge, United Kingdom
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join our Life Sciences division. At TTP multidisciplinary teams of scientists, engineers and designers collaborate closely to solve complex problems and create disruptive technologies. Our clients range from innovative start-ups to some of the world’s largest and most respected companies in Biotechnology and Life Sciences.
In this role you will contribute to the design and development of a diverse range of instruments that advance research and discovery in the Life Sciences. We are seeking candidates with excellent design capabilities, a wider understanding of the mechanical considerations of product development, and an innovative approach to problem solving.
To succeed in this role you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Extensive experience of product or instrumentation development in a high technology industry
- Familiarity with assembly jigs and test equipment
- Highly proficient in 3D CAD (ideally including SolidWorks)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to balance priorities of multiple projects
- Ability to present ideas through sketches, animations, and photorealistic renderings
- Knowledge of a wide range of manufacturing techniques
- Ability to design plastic injection moulded parts would be an advantage
- Experience of sourcing off-the-shelf and custom parts and building relationships with and managing suppliers
- Hands-on ability to build, test and troubleshoot
We offer an exceptional range of benefits, including:
- Employer pension contribution of 12%
- Profit related bonus
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.