Mechanical Design Engineer - Medical Devices
Cambridge, United Kingdom
At TTP we create innovative products and breakthrough technologies for our clients. Teams of scientists, engineers and designers collaborate closely to solve complex problems to realise the most ambitious visions for companies ranging from global market leaders to ambitious start-ups.
We are seeking a collaborative and versatile Mechanical Design Engineer to contribute to the design and development of a diverse range of medical devices that transform people's lives. Please explore ttp.com to find out more about our projects in the healthcare space: https://www.ttp.com/work/cases/category/healthcare.
A key element of the role includes design of complex interacting plastic mechanisms for high volume injection moulding and the challenge of packaging these mechanisms in the small spaces available for handheld devices.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Working with multi-disciplinary teams of scientists, engineers and designers to develop innovative solutions for our clients
- Playing a key role in concept development and the evolution of detailed design solutions using CAD
- Using your technical knowledge to work with precise and challenging mechanical requirements
- Managing your own time and delivering design work to project schedules
- Managing external suppliers and sourcing materials as required
- Mechanical design experience of product or instrumentation development in a high technology industry
- Highly proficient in 3D CAD (ideally including SolidWorks)
- Experience in designing complex, interacting plastic mechanisms for high-volume injection moulding
- Innovative problem solving
- Wide range of design experience which may include products, assembly jigs, test equipment or instrumentation
- Excellent time management skills, able to balance priorities of multiple projects
- Able to present ideas through sketches, and ideally also animations or renderings
- Knowledge of a wide range of manufacturing techniques
- Experience of sourcing off-the-shelf and custom parts and building relationships with and managing suppliers
- Hands-on ability to build, test and troubleshoot
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- A generous employer pension contribution
- Employee share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Profit share
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.