Mechanical Design Engineer - Tonejet
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Tonejet Limited is seeking a talented, motivated, and ambitious Mechanical Design Engineer to join their growing team. The successful candidate will take a supporting role in the development of industrial ink-jet printing platforms that use Tonejet’s unique proprietary digital printing technology.
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to enhance further Tonejet’s new product introduction and mechanical design group. The role offers opportunities to work in cross-functional teams on exciting and challenging projects that aim to deliver robust printing products around the world.
You will work on a broad range of mechanical design projects and will be required to deliver high quality solutions that will form part of our unique industrial ink-jet printing machines. Current projects include the development of our next generation printhead production tooling and printing test systems. An excellent understanding of high precision mechanisms, tolerance analysis, material selection and manufacturing processes is essential. In parallel, the role will include mechanical support for our production department. This will typically involve the development of in process test rigs and tools to improve machine set-up and calibration.
You must be self-motivated, proactive, and adaptable. You will have a good engineering qualification such as a relevant apprenticeship and HNC or HND, and excellent communication skills.
Your technical skills should ideally include a broad knowledge across many of the following areas: CAD / 3D solid modelling (preferably Solidworks/PDMWorks), ability to design high precision electro-mechanical mechanisms, knowledge of engineering materials & manufacturing processes, be proficient in producing data packs containing assembly and part detail drawings, bills of materials and system schematics. Hands on machining using lathes, milling centres and workshop tools would be an advantage.
Qualifications and training:
- An HNC or HND in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline.
Skills and experience:
- Solidworks / PDM Standard.
- Ability to design and make high precision mechanical and electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Capable of performing tolerance analysis and identity critical dimensions.
- Ability to produce detailed assembly and part drawings with bills of materials.
- Competent using MS Office software: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Experience of ink-jet system development and integration would be an advantage.
Tonejet is part of TTP Group, an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- A generous employer pension contribution
- Employee share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Profit share
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.