Cambridge, United Kingdom
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer with an insightful approach to product and technology development and commercialisation. You will be part of TTP’s multidisciplinary and collaborative Health Tech team of engineers, designers and scientists who develop and commercialise ground-breaking products in fields ranging from endoscopy, medical imaging, surgery, ophthalmology and drug delivery to name a few.
Not only will you be presented with challenging, enjoyable technical challenges, but you will grow strong relationships with prospective clients, as you try to understand their strategy and vision. You will enjoy constantly evolving your insight and using it to uncover new business opportunities and new areas of business within Medical Technology.
This role offers the opportunity to apply your breadth of technical skills and to continuously broaden your knowledge and insight. You will be given the freedom and support to grow and develop technically and advance your leadership abilities, commercial aptitude and project leading skills.
- Academic excellence - a 1st or 2:1 in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline (a PhD is not required for this role, but we would encourage those with a PhD to apply)
- Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues and clients
- Collaborative nature – you’re at your best in a multi-disciplinary team
- Problem solving – you take an analytical and structured approach to solving complex technical problems – and enjoy it!
- Commercial insight - Willingness to further build commercial insight and uncover commercial opportunities
- Engineering experience - Proven experience in a position of engineering responsibility.
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We offer employee benefits such as your usual 25 days holiday, private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme, plus:
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Annual profit related bonus
- Free lunch
- Life insurance up to 6 times salary
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.