Mechanical Engineer and Project Lead - Health Tech
Cambridge, United Kingdom
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to invent novel technologies and products that make a difference to people’s lives. You will be joining TTP’s multidisciplinary and collaborative Health Tech team of engineers, designers and scientists. The work we do ranges from endoscopy to ophthalmology and active implantable devices to complex drug delivery devices, to name a few.
You will enjoy hands-on work on varied, fast paced and technically stimulating projects for clients ranging from start-ups to multinational corporations and public institutions. We are looking for someone who is keen to grow their responsibilities quickly, to provide technical leadership to small project teams, to build strong client relationships, and to take ownership of project delivery.
Besides conquering technical challenges and building strong project teams, you will enjoy constantly evolving your insight into the healthcare market and using it to uncover new business opportunities and new areas of business within Medical Technology.
Our work culture allows you to continuously develop and broaden your expertise. You will be free to work autonomously, take initiative to explore skunkworks projects and make an impact from day one.
- Academic excellence – you possess a 1st or 2:1 in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline (a PhD is not essential for this role, but may be advantageous)
- Excellent communication skills – you can communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues and clients
- Collaborative nature – you’re at your best in a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong problem-solving skills – you take an analytical and structured approach to solving complex technical problems – and enjoy it!
- Commercial insight - you are keen to build commercial insight and uncover new opportunities
- Engineering experience – you have a track record of engineering responsibility
We would like to learn about the impact you’ve had in your previous roles. When applying please include on your CV, your personal achievements and contributions to teams, projects, or other job responsibilities in the past.
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from green surroundings on Melbourn Science Park, 10 miles south of Cambridge. We’re currently building our brand-new sustainable offices and labs in the same location.
Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We offer employee benefits such as your usual 25 days holiday, family friendly leave, private medical insurance (incl. dependants), cycle to work scheme, plus:
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Free lunch and all-day fresh fruit, snacks and hot and cold drinks
- Life insurance up to 6 times salary
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Our activities and community fund supports healthy activities that bring colleagues together
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable