Mechanical Engineering Project Lead - Life Sciences
Cambridge, United Kingdom
In the last decade TTP’s Life Science Business Unit has been delivering commercial growth and successful products for our clients in areas ranging from bioprocess to tools for fundamental biology and from clinical diagnostics to drug discovery. Building on this growth, we are looking to employ experienced engineers and project leaders to further support and expand our capabilities in key market areas.
As a Mechanical Engineering Consultant, you’ll be working alongside specialists from diverse fields to deliver technically challenging projects that necessitate a multi-disciplinary approach. You’ll use your Project Leadership experience in managing multi-phase projects for our clients, acting as the main point of contact for internal and external stakeholders.
In this role you have the opportunity to propose and develop entirely new technological and commercial offerings - with experience, your combination of increasing market and technology insight will enable you to uncover valuable new business opportunities and even new areas of business.
In summary, we are looking for individuals seeking to drive the growth of a highly successful team – in a period of unprecedented demand there are also positions open to contribute to other life sciences areas of focus, such as ‘omics, biotech, and cell and gene therapy.
As an ideal candidate you will have the following:
- An excellent academic record with a 2:1 or above undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrative experience developing innovative products in a commercial environment
- Capability to work collaboratively with interdisciplinary colleagues
- Excellent communication skills, and comfortable in a client-facing role
- Some knowledge of the biological sciences and/or a practical understanding of product development in a regulated industry (e.g. ISO13485) would be beneficial but is not essential
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from green surroundings on Melbourn Science Park, 10 miles south of Cambridge. We’re currently building our brand-new sustainable offices and labs in the same location.
Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas, and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependants
- Free lunch and all-day refreshments
- Life insurance worth 6x salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, with the option to return part-time for a year
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- A wide range of activities including squash, Zumba, yoga, arts and crafts, and TTP’s own rock band
- Local sports facilities and theatre discounts and memberships
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.
Our business revolves around collaborating with one another to tackle genuinely hard problems. Equality and diversity in the workplace are some of the most challenging problems facing society. We can’t profess to be perfect in this regard, or to yet have all the answers. But we continuously strive to do better, and we fundamentally believe in the power and importance of diversity – both for our community and for the overall success of our business.
We therefore encourage applications from all individuals. Whatever your background, whatever your identity: we would love to hear from you.