Mechanical Engineering Project Leader - Life Sciences
Cambridge, United Kingdom
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our Life Science division.
In this interesting and varied role you will work closely with colleagues in multi-disciplinary project teams and liaise directly with clients on a variety of projects.
The fascinating projects we work on often involve developing complex, ground-breaking technological advancements in areas such as diagnostics, cell & gene therapy, and drug discovery. Our clients range from innovative start-ups to some of the world’s largest and most respected companies in Biotechnology and Life Sciences giving you excellent exposure to a range of work.
As a project leader at TTP you will have the chance to work with many skilled professionals and you will be tasked with leading them to creating new and exciting technologies for our clients.
This is an excellent opportunity to expand your expertise, and contribute to challenging and varied projects that advance medical research.
So why not join us and lead the next technological advancement?
Every application will receive a response.
As an ideal candidate you will have the following:
- An excellent academic record with a degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Significant experience developing innovative products in a commercial environment
- Capability to work collaboratively with interdisciplinary colleagues
- Excellent communication skills, and comfortable in a client-facing role
- Some knowledge of the biological sciences and/or a practical understanding of product development in a regulated industry (e.g. ISO13485) would be beneficial but is not essential
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from green surroundings on Melbourn Science Park, 10 miles south of Cambridge. We’re currently building our brand-new, purpose-built, sustainable offices and labs in the same location - a wonderful working envirinment.
Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We offer employee benefits such as your usual 25 days holiday, private medical insurance (incl. dependents), cycle to work scheme, plus:
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Free lunch and all-day fresh fruit, snacks and hot and cold drinks
- Life insurance up to 6 times salary
- Enhanced family friendly maternity and paternity leave
- Hybrid working – we value the collaborative culture we’ve built and see the benefit in-person interaction brings to our colleagues and the business. However, we understand the importance of work-life balance and offer freedom and flexibility in how you self-manage your working week.
- Our activities and community fund supports healthy activities that bring colleagues together; whether it’s lunchtime squash or football, Zumba or TTP’s own rock band. Colleagues initiate new clubs and outings whenever they feel there’s something missing!
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.