Cambridge, United Kingdom
We are looking for talented and versatile Mechatronics Engineers to join a new, ambitious venture within TTP creating novel solutions for cell therapy manufacture.
Therapies that treat cancer by re-training the patient's own immune system are coming to market in very small numbers, with over a thousand in the trials pipeline. Giving patient access to these requires a revolution in manufacturing and process automation. We are currently developing breakthrough technologies to enable this step-change and bring cell therapies to all who need them.
This is a varied role that will include designing, testing, and improving precision manufacturing processes and systems. You will be working in multidisciplinary teams of Life Scientists and Engineers with a passion for solving worthwhile problems.
To succeed in this role, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A strong academic background in Engineering, Electronics, or Software
- Broad, hands-on engineering skills ideally spanning mechanical, electronics, control software and problem solving.
- You might have deep skills in one area, or be relatively inexperienced in another, but able to work effectively with others to fill in the gaps.
- A feel for precise assemblies and behaviours of materials.
- Ability to assimilate loose and changing requirements and turn them into elegant and robust solutions.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work with an innovative, start-up mentality but with precision and diligence.
- Experience working with novel life science or medical technologies would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Employer pension contribution of 12%
- Profit related bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- Free lunches on site
- An employee wellbeing and support programme
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.