Medical Software Developer - LEX Diagnostics
Cambridge, United Kingdom
We are seeking an experienced software developer to lead the development of embedded and instrumentation software for a portable influenza diagnostic device.
LEX Diagnostics is commercialising a disruptive hand-held molecular diagnostics system with a target sample to answer time of just 5 minutes. This is enabled by ultrafast, low cost DNA amplification IP developed at TTP (The Technology Partnership), Europe’s leading independent technology development consultancy. LEX was spun-out from TTP in April 2020 with significant funding to commercialise the technology with an ambitious industry partner. LEX will bring rapid, sensitive diagnosis of viral infections to the frontline of healthcare. The first product will an influenza test, and the system will be expanded over time to detect other viral infections. You can read more about LEX here.
As the Software Development Lead, you will own the development of all software on the durable handheld reader in the LEX system, software for associated test equipment and the establishment and maintenance of the software quality management systems. Your focus will be on rapid development for clinical trials of the device to meet critical and ambitious milestones for the business. Your experience will enable you to undertake development to medical standards and anticipate specific challenges associated with medical device development. The role will require excellent communication skills to work closely with the broader biology and engineering development teams, as well our commercial partners.
- Substantial experience in the development of embedded software in a commercial, regulated software development environment. Proven experience developing robust real-time software for embedded control systems (bare metal and RTOS) in C/C++
- Ability to interface embedded software with hardware at a low level (e.g. SPI, I2C, UART, USB) and typical device interfaces, including displays.
- Experienced in capturing, tracking and testing detailed software requirements based on higher level product / user requirements. Interacting with the sider team and end users as necessary.
- Familiarity with development under ISO13485, with an emphasis on Software Development Lifecycle (e.g. IEC62304) and consideration of risk management processes (e.g. ISO14971)
- Experience in the development of software for laboratory test systems to integrate off-the-shelf hardware components in Python, C/C++.
- Experience of implementing embedded software for products where efficient low power operation is required.
- A good understanding of electronics, schematic design and use of test equipment such as oscilloscopes and logic analysers
- Experience of contributing to the design and review of electronics systems from a software integration and maintenance perspective
- Implementation of software design and implementation to support robust, user-centric graphical user interfaces.
LEX Diagnostics is part is of TTP Group, an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, near Cambridge. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.