Microfabrication Process Technician
Cambridge, United Kingdom
TTP is active in fabricating micron-scaled devices to support a range of industrial applications, from life sciences and healthcare through to optics, sensors and comms. We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated and well-organised cleanroom microfabrication or process engineer / technician who can help advance TTP’s micro and nano fabrication capabilities.
You will have excellent attention to detail and be able to deliver high quality work on a busy schedule. The role will be mainly cleanroom based (up to 90% time) and will include unsupervised work using hi-tech, high value semiconductor equipment and processes. You'll be working closely with other scientists, engineers and designers to provide concepts and solutions for both internal and external clients.
The work includes MEMS R&D and pilot-production, QC, running experiments, maintaining stocks, wafer dicing and routine equipment & cleanroom maintenance. As part of this, you must be familiar or experienced in cleanroom practice, including:
- Production experience using PDMS, SU8, graphene, photolithography, bonding, hot embossing and/or sputtering
- Wafer dicing, ellipsometer, profiler, SEM, EDX & other metrology and be comfortable working alone in cleanroom/labs for long periods
- Creating and following SOPs
- Equipment calibration and maintenance
- Monitoring vacuum systems (chart pump down times)
- Application of H&S/COSHH/RAs
- Maintaining and ordering of consumables
- HND/BSc/BEng in Engineering, Physics, Material Science, Chemistry, Electronics or similar fields or suitable experience.
- At least 2 years industrial experience working in cleanrooms with glass, silicon, III/V, graphene, polymers and/or ceramics
- Wide-ranging process knowledge/experience in some of the following:
Essential: photolithography, bonding, embossing, wet/dry etching, metal evaporation/sputtering, RIE/D-RIE, plasma surface treatment, metrology and wafer-dicing.
Desirable: soft-lithography, PECVD, electroplating and graphene printing/PVD.
- Working with and routine maintenance of complex semiconductor equipment
- Working with HF acid, strong acids/alkalis, special gases and volatile chemicals and understanding the associated Health and Safety aspects
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Employee share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Profit share
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable