Molecular Scientist (6-month FTC)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
This role is a 6-month fixed-term contract - we're looking for candidates who are available to start immediately.
TTP’s LEX PCR team is a small multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers working towards the creation of a world-leading molecular diagnostics system. Our multidisciplinary teams’ function as virtual start-ups within the TTP organisation – the results are unparalleled, with products moving in just a few short years from TTP’s facilities, to hospitals and laboratories around the world.
As a Molecular Scientist in the LEX PCR team you will be a dedicated laboratory scientist working to develop rapid PCR reagent assays in parallel with LEX instrument development. As such you will work with both science and engineering teams to identify assays for a revolutionary new hardware platform. You will be developing assays on standard instrumentation and transferring them to the LEX system to create a first product. You will take pride in your ability to communicate effectively with other team members and project leaders and to maintain organised records of your work.
The essential requirements for this role are:
- You will have a degree in a relevant scientific discipline, ideally in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or a related discipline.
- You will have significant hands-on experience with PCR in a laboratory environment, following protocols consistently and producing accurate results.
- You will be required to work both with standard instrumentation and systems in development and will be able to adapt accordingly.
- You will have strong communication skills and will be able to show evidence that you can present succinctly and clearly to others.
Desirable qualities for this role are:
- Experience of collaboration across disciplines, e.g. in engineering.
- Experience working to ISO13485 standards.
- Experience of PCR assay development.
The online application process will ask you to explain why you want to work at TTP, why you think you are a strong candidate for the role, and to describe a project that you have contributed to.
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays pro rata
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre