New Product Development Specialist
Cambridge, United Kingdom
TTP is a leading Technology Consulting business with expertise in areas such as Medical Devices, Sensors, Optics and Clinical Systems. We are now recruiting for an Engineer or Applied Scientist to join us in a New Product Development role. You will apply your advanced technical and consulting skills to create exciting new medical innovations and products.
We are looking for candidates with direct experience in the applied use of some of the following technologies: electro-mechanical systems, imaging, sensors, embedded software & control systems, ultrasound, optics, robotics, actuators and visual systems. Your background could be either in a research role or commercial product development.
You will have an innate interest in finding solutions to complex technical problems and a desire to transfer technologies into commercial products. Experience in bringing a product to market would be highly desirable, and appreciation of the medical device industry would be beneficial.
You will join our Clinical Systems group, working in multi-disciplinary teams on a variety of concurrent projects. The work is intellectually demanding and requires creativity and broad technical capabilities. To succeed in this role you will be driven, with rounded professional skills such as working directly with clients, identifying commercial opportunities and developing enabling technologies that unlock those opportunities.
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work.
Qualifications and Training
- Evidence of technical aptitude is essential, for example 1st or Upper 2nd class degree from a leading University in engineering, science, or other relevant technical discipline, with a postgraduate qualification
Skills and Experience
- Commercial experience developing medical devices that incorporate innovative technologies, or a background in developing or researching relevant technologies such as imaging or electro-mechanical systems
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Profit related bonus
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.