Cambridge, United Kingdom
At LEE Ventus, our world-class micropump technology delivers precision, performance, and silent operation – all in a tiny package. We have hundreds of new customers evaluating our technology, our order book is growing fast, and consequently we are expanding our administration and back-office capability.
Our micropumps enable even more cutting-edge innovation across the medical, life science, environmental and industrial sectors. They’re already used in an extraordinary range of inventions - such as a breathalyser that will test for cancer, a novel treatment for sleep apnoea, and a hospital-grade vital signs monitor. The potential for our technology is huge. So, your work will make a genuine and meaningful impact, all whilst being part of a friendly and respectful team.
We’re looking for a bright, organised Office Manager to help us develop and build our business. This is a new role at LEE Ventus that will be instrumental in defining, developing & maintaining our processes and systems. Many of the working practices and supplier relationships are yet to be established, so you will need to be adaptable, flexible, and proactive. As well as being broad and varied, this role offers excellent potential for learning and growth.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director you will be responsible for delivering comprehensive support to the business, enabling efficient and effective operations.
The role has a broad range of duties including:
- Managing relationships with, and administration of, third-party providers (e.g. for office supplies, IT support & equipment providers, HR, hospitality and catering, etc)
- Planning and scheduling internal and external meetings, and creating/coordinating related presentations/reports
- Making travel arrangements (liaising with our travel agents)
- Coordination of facilities management (including administering access control, and managing relationships with cleaners and facilities service providers)
- Assisting the organisation's HR function by organising onboarding of new employees, keeping personnel records up to date and arranging interviews
- Management of the company intranet (SharePoint site) used to provide key information to staff, ensuring that information is up to date (e.g. company policies, etc)
- General administrative support for a team of 14 and growing
- Front of house: reception services and receipt of goods
As an ideal candidate you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience in a similar role, with a track record of thriving in a fast-paced professional environment
- Ability to manage a diverse range of responsibilities efficiently and reliably
- Excellent attention to detail with high standards of written communication
- Happy managing relationships with multiple stakeholders including colleagues, customers and external suppliers
- Excellent computer literacy (including use of MS Office / Outlook / SharePoint / Teams).
LEE Ventus operates from green surroundings on Melbourn Science Park, 10 miles south of Cambridge. Our working culture encourages shared ideas and collaboration whilst providing you with the freedom to do your best work. We offer employee benefits including 25 days’ holiday and a cycle to work scheme, plus:
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Private medical insurance (incl. dependents)
- Life insurance up to 6 times salary
- Free lunch and all-day fresh fruit, snacks and hot and cold drinks
- Enhanced family-friendly maternity and paternity leave
So, if you’re ready to make a big impact with a breakthrough state-of-the-art technology, apply now. Every application will be reviewed and will receive a response.
Inclusion & Diversity
Our business revolves around collaborating with one another to tackle genuinely hard problems. Equality and diversity in the workplace are some of the most challenging problems facing society. We can’t profess to be perfect in this regard or to yet have all the answers. But we continuously strive to do better, and we fundamentally believe in the power and importance of diversity – both for our community and for the overall success of our business.
We, therefore, encourage applications from all individuals. Whatever your background, whatever your identity, we would love to hear from you.”