Cambridge, United Kingdom
At TTP we invent, design and develop new products and technologies that transform people’s lives. We have created a collaborative culture where engineers, scientists and designers can take on complex technical challenges and deliver commercial impact. We work across a wide spectrum of industries and applications, such as healthcare, life sciences, smart sensors and industrial technologies. To find out more about the work we do for our clients and internally please visit: www.ttp.com/work.
The small, but growing IP Team is looking for an Intellectual Property Expert to join their team. You will drive the growth of TTP’s IP-related business across a wide spectrum of technologies, products and commercial settings.
- You will deliver a broad range of IP-related services, including patent landscaping and freedom-to-operate assessments for both internal and external clients.
- You will work with TTP’s scientists and engineers to develop proprietary IP positions and deliver valuable IP-focussed commercial offers.
- You will take ownership of a portfolio of patents and patent applications, managing the work of external patent agents and providing leadership throughout the lifecycle of drafting, filing, and prosecution of your portfolio.
- You will work with business leaders, providing insight and support on patent strategy through to commercial exploitation on cutting edge technologies.
- You will develop and maintain awareness of IP and contract law, providing support on IP-related contractual matters, and you may be actively involved in contract negotiations.
We are seeking an IP professional with experience in the development and / or management of patent portfolios. You will have a science or engineering background, or show extensive experience working in technology.
If you have experience in technology licensing, patent drafting and providing IP-related consulting services this will be an advantage.
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We offer employee benefits such as your usual 25 days holiday, private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme, plus:
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Annual profit related bonus
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Life insurance up to 6 times salary
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.