Patent Formalities Coordinator
Cambridge, United Kingdom
At TTP we invent, design and develop new products and technologies that transform people’s lives. We have created a collaborative culture where engineers, scientists and designers can take on complex technical challenges and deliver commercial impact. We work across a wide spectrum of industries and applications, such as healthcare, life sciences, smart sensors and industrial technologies.
We're looking for a Patent Formalities Coordinator to join our small, but growing IP team. You will manage the administration of TTP’s growing portfolio of Intellectual Property Rights, comprising patents and trademarks.
- You will manage TTP’s internal systems, with a remit to identify and establish improvements that underpin the IP team’s capability to efficiently deliver optimal management of the IP and legal dockets across a wide range of technologies, products and commercial settings. The role could offer the opportunity to implement a complete new system and process, if this is of interest to you.
- You will manage IP formalities throughout the IP lifecycle in support of TTP’s business groups and spin-out companies, ensuring that deadlines are met, obligations are fulfilled and working with them to identify potential efficiencies in IP prosecution and maintenance strategies.
- You may also provide support on IP-related contractual matters, including development and tracking of confidentiality agreements / obligations, and you may be actively involved in contract negotiations.
We are seeking a professional with a strong background in patent and / or legal formalities, ideally with experience of establishing and maintaining systems for managing dockets related to patents, trademarks and / or legal agreements. You may have a background as (patent) paralegal.
You will have some demonstrable project coordination or support experience related to the provision of docket management, and may have experience in a legal firm or the legal department of an IP-intensive business.
Experience in a scientific or engineering context and experience in providing IP- or legal-related consulting services will be an advantage.
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We offer employee benefits such as your usual 25 days holiday, private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme, plus:
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Annual profit related bonus
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Life insurance up to 6 times salary
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.