Cambridge, United Kingdom
We are looking for individuals currently undertaking a PhD to complete an industrial placement with us. TTP is an independent technology company where scientists and engineers collaborate to invent, design and develop new products and technologies. We work with the world’s most ambitious companies to address diverse, deep technology problems that enable advanced products which make a difference to people’s lives.
Your internship will see you putting your technical and research skills to work within a commercially focused environment; providing the opportunity to experience how your academic knowledge and skillsets could be utilised within an industry setting. Your time within TTP could see you working in areas as diverse as neurotechnology, diagnostic devices, self-driving cars, and industrial gas sensors.
Whilst you can expect to develop on your existing skillsets and knowledge, you will equally find yourself tackling new challenges and growing in new ways: interacting with clients, seeing how business operates and being a valuable contributing member within TTP’s multi-disciplinary teams, learning from others whilst making your own impact.
As a postgraduate intern within TTP, we will aim to structure your placement around a specific project thereby ensuring the placement is as valuable and interesting an experience for you as is possible. The process of concluding the shape that main project will take is very much a two way one and we would expect part of the interview process to consist of that discussion. Once within TTP there will be scope for engaging in work outside of that main project however, with you having the opportunity to contribute to live client and internal projects.
We are looking to host one or more interns between January and June 2021. The length of internships is flexible according to individual circumstances, but we have found three to six months to work well in the past.
When considering applications, we are looking for individuals with the following qualifications and personal characteristics:
- Currently studying for a PhD, broadly within any of the following disciplines: Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Biomedical, Software or Information), Physics, Mathematics, Life Sciences
- Evidence of applied practical skills
- Be technically very strong
- Enthusiastic and curious in nature – we want people who love to learn and get to the heart of a problem
- Self-motivated, with the ability to take your own initiative and seek out responsibilities, as well as to work well collaboratively within a team
- An ability to be both creative and to make things work
Should you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please don’t hesitate to get in touch at email@example.com.