Physicist - Clinical Diagnostics
Cambridge, United Kingdom
TTP develops advanced technologies for our clients in the life science sector. We are currently developing cutting-edge platforms for human and animal diagnostics and biosensing. We are seeking a bright, enthusiastic physicist who wants to join a truly multi-disciplinary effort, serving this exciting and technically challenging global industry.
The Physicist role offers the opportunity to contribute to some of the newest and most interesting technology advances in life sciences and diagnostics. The successful candidate will work effectively in teams of scientists, engineers, designers and technicians, taking on a significant level of project responsibility from the outset. Our work in life science is to develop complex instrumentation and hardware for control and measurement of biological molecules and cells, and often involves optics, high-speed signal processing, electronics and micro-devices. Therefore, your scientific interest, inventiveness, hands-on experimental creativity, solid analytical skills, and aptitude to work in a team environment with technical and business personnel, will be vital for this role.
The successful candidate will have excellent academic credentials and will enjoy creating elegant and simple solutions to complex technical challenges. This is a client facing role, requiring strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Qualifications and Training
- A 1st or Upper 2nd class Physics degree.
- Development of optical or electronic instrumentation.
- Programming for data processing.
- Broad interest in physical aspects of biology and bio-instrumentation.
- Curiosity, imagination and creativity.
- Solid understanding of physical principles.
- Strong experimental problem solving skills.
- Effective communication and team-working skills.
- Post-graduate or PhD research, this would be especially beneficial in biophysics / bio-analysis
- Experience in technology/product development for commercial applications.
- Experience of project leadership.
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- Employer pension contribution of 12%
- Profit related bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- Free lunch provided
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.