Printhead Production Technician - Tonejet
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Tonejet Limited designs, manufactures and markets industrial digital printing technology and equipment, based on our unique electrostatic drop-on-demand ink ejection technology. Our focus is on digital printing of metal packaging, with plans to broaden into other markets in the future. We are at an exciting point in the company’s growth with beta trials running in Canada and the UK, and new installations being planned.
We are a subsidiary of TTP Group, one of Europe’s leading technology companies.
We are seeking a skilled technician to work as an integral part of our Printhead Manufacturing and Development team. The successful candidate will support the manufacture of current and next generation Tonejet printheads. The role will involve a wide range of different activities, offering the successful candidate the ability to develop new skills, and play a key role in the success of the company. The role will include:
- Manufacture of precision components and assemblies for use in the build of printheads, to support production and development activities
- Following standard operating procedures to assemble printheads to high tolerances, requiring careful and precise work
- Use a range of manual and automated processing equipment in a cleanroom environment
- Using automatic and manual measurement machines to check components against specifications, and achieve precision alignment of assemblies
- Supporting the whole team by participating in the smooth and safe running of the cleanroom fabrication facility
The ideal candidate will have a passion for careful, precise hands-on work, and a commitment to excellence in terms of attention to detail, quality, consistency and yield.
- A minimum of 3-years’ experience working in precision assembly and manufacturing, in an engineering environment, such as printhead manufacturing, microfluidic device fabrication or semiconductor processing
- Experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Cleanroom processing and fabrication
- Use of microscopes and other measuring equipment
- Precision mechanical assembly
- Micro-scale moulding and replication
- Dexterous and skilled in precision manual procedures and handling delicate components
- Ability to accurately follow standard operating procedures to ensure consistent quality
- Experience in carefully recording and communicating observations and measurements
- Experience working as part of a close team, working together towards common goals
- Familiarity of working within a lean manufacturing environment. Knowledge of 1-piece flow, Kanban, 5S, & Kaizen would be an advantage.
- HND/BSc/BEng in Engineering, Physics, Material Science, Chemistry, Electronics or related vocational qualification is preferred, though not essential depending on demonstrable experience
Tonejet is part of TTP Group, an employee-owned business operating from beautiful surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, near Cambridge. Our working culture encourages shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- A generous employer pension contribution
- Employee share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Profit share
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.