Melbourn, United Kingdom
We’re looking for a careful and reliable Operator to join our Production team. You will be responsible for assembling and testing our innovative air micropumps, which are enabling a new generation of medical, life science, and environmental applications. Become part of a well-backed, rapidly growing company created to commercialise Disc Pump, a revolutionary, award-winning micropump technology.
TTP Ventus Ltd is part of TTP Group and a spin-out from sister company TTP plc, a world leading technology and product development organisation. TTP's pioneering innovations can be found in medical devices, digital printing, laboratory automation, wireless communications and micro technologies, to name just a few.
Our pumps are manufactured using automated assembly and test machines which are manually loaded and unloaded. Following training you will set up and operate these machines in accordance with TTP Ventus’ standard operating procedures (SOPs), also recording product lot details and monitoring line performance. Some of this work is repetitive, and it requires attention to detail and manual dexterity.
You will also carry out other routine production activities, for example performing incoming quality inspections, carrying out preventative maintenance on our production machines, and packing and shipping products to new and existing customers. Again, full training will be provided.
You will work closely with our production team and our wider business to ensure that pump deliveries are made on time. You will be proactive in raising quality concerns or improvement opportunities and adapt flexibly to changing needs as our business grows.
Your skills will include:
- being careful and methodical, taking pride in your work
- good manual dexterity
- basic computer literacy (e.g. data entry using MS Excel)
- the ability to follow documented processes
- being comfortable with repetitive work
- the willingness to raise quality concerns or improvement opportunities
Any of the following experience will be an advantage:
- operating automated and/or high-precision machinery
- using microscopes, callipers, balances, and other measurement equipment
- working in a quality-controlled production environment
- responsibility for completing production paperwork
- experience or knowledge of pumps and how they work
We are located on Melbourn Science Park, TTP Group’s own campus of offices, laboratories, production facilities, canteen and sports facilities.
You will receive a competitive salary supplemented by a Group-wide annual profit share scheme and the option to join the Group’s share incentive plan. Employee benefits include:
- A generous employer pension contribution
- Employee share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Profit share
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.