Cambridge, United Kingdom
Life Sciences at TTP
TTP’s Life Sciences team is on a mission to improve healthcare. Working at the intersection of biology, physical science and engineering we invent, design and manufacture products and technologies in areas including (but not limited to) cell therapies, point of care diagnostics, high-throughput drug discovery, molecular detection, DNA sequencing and cancer screening.
Multidisciplinary teams of scientists, engineers and designers collaborate to realise the most ambitious challenges set by our clients; global market leaders, as well as exciting technology start- and scale ups.
The newly formed Omics team provides a core focus for TTP’s activities in genomics, proteomics and future omics. We are looking to build upon a decade of TTP experience working with some of the most exciting start-ups in this field, including developing tools for sequencing, sample extraction and library preparation.
Exploring and creating our own novel IP, TTP are innovating across the Omics field from spatial biology and single cell analytics to novel approaches in RNA, DNA and protein sequencing. We are looking for a Proteomics Consultant, to not only deliver our clients’ vision, but also our own new and enabling technologies; deepening human understanding from fundamental biology to the cutting edge of diagnostic tools.
As a Proteomics Consultant, you will be working alongside specialists from diverse fields to deliver technically challenging projects that straddle the boundary between engineering, physical and biological sciences. Embedded in the Omics team, you will be enabling the development of cutting-edge research tools and diagnostics. This will involve complex systems integration including liquid handling and consumable design.
You will work to develop TTP’s presence in Proteomics, both by providing direction and by networking in the field. This will involve attending conferences and working with the Omics team to develop a proteomics strategy. This role will involve infrequent overseas travel.
In this role you will be given a high degree of ownership in developing solutions in a technically challenging product development environment, liaising directly with clients. This is an excellent opportunity to expand your expertise and contribute to a wide variety of projects across all of Life Sciences.
Inclusion and Diversity
Our business revolves around collaborating with one another to tackle genuinely hard problems. Equality and diversity in the workplace are some of the most challenging problems facing society. We can’t profess to be perfect in this regard or to yet have all the answers. But we continuously strive to do better, and we fundamentally believe in the power and importance of diversity – both for our community and for the overall success of our business.
We, therefore, encourage applications from all individuals. Whatever your background, whatever your identity: we would love to hear from you.
- An excellent academic record with a 2:1 or above undergraduate degree in Biochemistry or a related field. A Ph.D in protein-related research is also desirable.
- Hands-on experience developing innovative products in a commercial environment
- Experience of using or developing proteomic reagents in an R&D environment
- Capability to work collaboratively with interdisciplinary colleagues
- Excellent communication skills, and comfortable in a client-facing role
- Willingness to occasionally travel (overseas) to meet potential clients
Nice to have:
- A practical understanding of product development in a regulated industry (e.g. ISO13485) would be beneficial
- Project leadership experience would be an advantage
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from green surroundings on Melbourn Science Park, 10 miles south of Cambridge. We’re currently building our brand-new sustainable offices and labs in the same location.
Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas, and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We value the collaborative culture we’ve built and see the benefit in-person interaction brings to our colleagues and the business. However, we understand the importance of work-life balance and offer freedom and flexibility in how you self-manage your working week.
Our employee benefits include:
- Annual profit-related bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Free lunch and all-day refreshments
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependants
- Enhanced family friendly leave
- Life insurance worth 6x salary
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- An activities and community fund that supports healthy activities that bring colleagues together; whether it’s lunchtime squash or football, Zumba or TTP’s own rock band. Colleagues initiate new clubs and outings whenever they feel there’s something missing!
- Local sports facilities and theatre discounts and memberships
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.