Cambridge, United Kingdom
We are looking for an experienced RF design engineer to join the growing neurotechnology team at TTP. You will be involved in wide ranging aspects of technology and product development, developing complex active implantable and wearable technologies from early stage concepts though to mass manufacture.
This role will provide an opportunity to apply your experience of electronic and wireless R&D in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment. You will contribute and lead teams of engineers and scientists to deliver projects involving invention, analysis, computational modelling, prototyping, laboratory testing, process development, product design and transfer to manufacture.
At TTP, you will gain experience of cutting-edge technologies while benefitting from the experience of an established company. We work with the world’s most exciting and innovative companies to address diverse deep technology problems. By joining our multidisciplinary team as a respected subject matter expert, you will help invent novel technologies and technological products that make a difference to people’s lives, grow our clients’ businesses and help our business thrive. High levels of communication, alignment, and trust enable each team member’s insight and energy to contribute to audacious goals.
You will be able to grow strong, collaborative relationships with clients and prospective clients, understanding their needs along with their strategy and vision, building development plans that they buy into, and maintaining this understanding and buy-in through the successes and setbacks of demanding technology projects. With experience, your combination of increasing market and technology insight will enable you to uncover valuable new business opportunities and even whole new areas of business.
- Solid foundation. A first or 2:1 degree (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline (electronic, communications or wireless) or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience in designing RF communications systems including simulation of EM fields, electronics design, prototype, and test
- A hands-on attitude. You enjoy making what you design or taking your theories into the lab and putting them to the test.
- Leadership. You take on new responsibilities, seek challenging objectives, and go about them with tenacity and pragmatism.
- Insatiable curiosity. Whether it’s new technology or how a business makes its money, you dig deep to generate valuable insight.
- Communication skills. You enjoy collaboration and like to present your work to others, showing why it matters to them.
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We offer employee benefits such as your usual 25 days holiday, private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme, plus:
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Annual profit related bonus
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Life insurance up to 6 times salary
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.