Senior Cytometrist - Cellular Highways
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Cellular Highways Ltd is a spin-out company building a new generation of cell sorter instruments for cell therapies, cancer treatment and other biotech applications. We invented a new microfluidics sorting technology, vortex actuated cell sorting (VACS), that allows us to reduce the cost and complexity of cell sorting and achieve far greater throughput than existing platforms. Our aim is to make cell sorting accessible to every laboratory as well as enabling new clinical applications.
Are you looking for an exciting role in a new spin-out company?
If so, we have a fantastic opportunity for a talented cytometrist who is keen to progress their career in development of a new cytometry technology.
From the start, you will join the engineering team in improving our instrument prototypes, lead application development with our beta users and help us present the company at conferences and shows.
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Professional cytometry experience in an academic core facility or biotech company, including sorting of a wide variety of cell types
- Knowledge of flow cytometry standards, protocols and best practices
- In-depth technical knowledge of cytometry and sorting instrumentation
- Excellent hands-on flow cytometry lab skills
- Excellent hands-on cell biology lab skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- A good degree in a biological science
- A PhD with a strong emphasis on immunology
- Clinical or non-clinical research experience in a field related to immunology, flow cytometry or cell therapy
Cellular Highways is part is of TTP Group, an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, near Cambridge. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.