Senior Embedded Software Engineer - Life Sciences
Cambridge, United Kingdom
This is an exciting opportunity to use your software skills in the development of breakthrough products and technologies in healthcare and Life Sciences. In this role you will design and develop robust software to be used in applications such as cancer therapy, diagnostics and cutting-edge genetic testing. TTP is a technology consulting business with a global client base. The projects are varied, fast-paced and technically stimulating. You will enjoy communicating and working with other like-minded and supportive colleagues from disciplines such as molecular biology and optical physics.
- You will be very bright with a 1st or 2:1 from a leading university in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics and with clear written and verbal language skills.
- Proven experience developing robust real-time software for embedded control systems (bare metal and RTOS) in C/C++
- Ability to interface embedded software with hardware at a low level (e.g. SPI, I2C, UART, USB) as well as high level (e.g. Modbus, CAN, TCP/IP)
- A solid grasp of engineering and basic physics to understand the broader design and development considerations of complex instrumentation
- A good understanding of electronics, schematic design and use of test equipment such as oscilloscopes and logic analysers
- At least 3 years’ experience developing embedded software in a commercial, ideally regulated software development environment. Many of our projects run under ISO13485 with an emphasis on Software Development Lifecycle (e.g. IEC62304) and consideration of risk management processes (e.g. ISO14971).
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity and you consider that you are a good match for the requirements, please get in touch.
To learn more about life at TTP and some of the client work we have delivered please follow these links:
We pay competitive salaries, which we regularly benchmark and review. We also offer a valuable set of benefits including a 12% pension contribution, profit related bonus, enhanced share ownership scheme, and generous relocation allowance where applicable.
Opportunities for career progression are unlimited at TTP. Working at TTP will equip you with a unique combination of technical skills, commercial exposure and the ability to plan, manage and develop complex multi-disciplinary projects. We’re constantly inventing new technologies with the potential to change the world and looking for leaders to justify, champion and incubate businesses that could form the next TTP spin-out.