Senior Field Support Engineer - Tonejet
Melbourn, United Kingdom
Tonejet Limited designs, manufactures and markets digital printing technology and equipment, based on our unique electrostatic drop-on-demand ink ejection technology. Our focus is on digital printing of metal packaging, with plans to broaden into other markets in the future. We are at an exciting point in the company’s growth with beta trials running in Canada and the UK, and new installations being planned.
We are a subsidiary of TTP Group, one of Europe’s leading technology companies.
We are looking for a hands-on engineer who can act as the bridge between our customers and our design team. Based in the UK but spending extended periods in the USA and Canada, you will work on site with customers, helping them run their systems whilst diagnosing complex problems and working with our R&D team to continually improve our product. We are looking for a future manager: someone proactive, positive and resourceful who can work remotely under pressure and manage their own time and that of colleagues.
Most importantly we need a problem solver who can diagnose issues, create and document solutions; someone who will write the script for other technical support colleagues to follow.
As our customer base grows, there is potential for the role to grow to include recruiting and managing a team of field support engineers.
Qualifications and Training
- A degree or other vocational qualification in mechanical engineering, electronics or another relevant engineering / technical discipline
Essential Skills and Experience
- Smart, energetic, and a strong communicator with the confidence to deal directly with both customers and company management.
- 5+ years’ experience in a hands-on industrial electro-mechanical role within an engineering or industrial product company.
- Proven customer facing experience in a technical support and service role.
- A background in machine building from drawings including experience of electrical/electronics wiring, pneumatic and fluidic circuits and mechanical assembly.
- A knowledge of good practice relating to health and safety regulations.
- Methodical and organised and able to work on own initiative in a small team.
- A self-starter who is used to working unsupervised and hitting deadlines.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Hands-on experience in digital printing (ideally inkjet) system manufacturing, design / development or maintenance.
- Team leadership: either formal or informal.
Tonejet is part of TTP Group, an employee-owned business operating from beautiful surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, near Cambridge. Our working culture encourages shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- A generous employer pension contribution
- Employee share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Profit share
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.