Senior Mechanical Engineer
Cambridge, United Kingdom
This is an exciting opportunity to use your hands-on mechanical engineering expertise to develop innovative products and systems across a variety of industrial applications. We work with ambitious clients to develop breakthrough technologies and you will be integral to these project teams.
TTP is a technology consulting business with a global client base. The projects are varied, fast-paced and technically stimulating. You will enjoy communicating and working with other like-minded colleagues from a wide range of disciplines including electronics engineers, physicists, material scientists and biologists.
To qualify for this role, you will have:
- Significant experience developing new and complex products for manufacture
- Experience in the application of design for manufacturability and automation and an understanding of production processes, methodologies and capabilities
- An excellent academic background with a PhD, 1st or 2:1 from a leading university in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, ideally with experience in thermodynamics, thermal design, and CFD, tolerance analysis and reliability
- An ability to understand the wider implications and constraints of new product development including design, materials, physics, and electronics and regulatory constraints
- First class communication skills and a collaborative nature to work effectively in multi-disciplinary project teams, and communicate regularly with clients
- Commercial awareness, and a desire to innovate and deliver world-class technology solutions
We pay competitive salaries, which we regularly benchmark and review. We also offer a valuable set of benefits including a 12% pension contribution, profit related bonus, enhanced share ownership scheme, private medical insurance, life insurance, and generous relocation allowance where applicable.