Senior Mechanical Engineer - Healthcare
Cambridge, United Kingdom
At TTP we invent, design and develop new healthcare products and technologies for our clients - companies ranging from global market leaders to ambitious start-ups. Our collaborative teams of engineers, designers and scientists play a key role in the development of ground-breaking products and technologies that transform patients’ lives.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer with an insightful approach to product and technology development and commercialisation, who easily engages with colleagues and customers. You don't only enjoy solving technical challenges, but will grow strong, collaborative relationships with prospective clients, always trying to understand their strategy and vision. You will enjoy constantly evolving your insight into a myriad of fields, including ophthalmology, oncology and drug delivery, and using it to uncover new business opportunities and new areas of business.
This role offers the opportunity to apply your breadth of technical skills and to keep continuously broaden your knowledge. You will be given the freedom and support to grow and develop technically and advance your leadership abilities, commercial aptitude and project leading skills.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline (a PhD is not required for this role, but we would encourage those with a PhD to apply)
- Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues and clients
- Collaborative nature – you’re at your best in a multi-disciplinary team
- Problem solving – you take an analytical and structured approach to solving complex technical problems – and enjoy it!
- Willingness to further build commercial insight and uncover commercial opportunities
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We offer employee benefits such as your usual 25 days holiday, private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme, plus:
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Annual profit related bonus
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Life insurance up to 6 times salary
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.