Senior Printhead Development Engineer - Tonejet
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Tonejet is seeking a senior printhead development and cleanroom process engineer to take a leading role in shaping the future of our ground-breaking digital printing technology. We are looking for someone who will work with our multi-disciplinary R&D team to create and develop printhead manufacturing processes in the lab, and manage their transfer to our manufacturing team.
Tonejet develops inks, printheads and printing systems based on its unique electrostatic printing technology. This technology enables cost effective, high quality digital printing onto a wide range of substrates. We are currently undertaking beta trials of an end-to-end beverage can printing system with our first customer and have an exciting pipeline of new products and print technology in development.
In this wide-ranging role within the R&D team, you will develop the technology and understanding that will inform the next generation of printhead designs and manufacturing processes. Your responsibilities will include
- Developing and prototyping new printhead concepts, and characterising their performance.
- Designing new printheads and fabricating prototypes.
- Developing and refining printhead manufacturing processes working closely with the manufacturing team, targeting processes that optimise yield, reliability and performance
You will be capable of planning, progressing and delivering work of a high standard with minimal supervision and be highly motivated and resourceful. The successful candidate will have:
- A 1st or 2:1 degree in Engineering, Physics or a related discipline.
- At least 2 years experience in a scientific, R&D or product development role
- Experience in designing and prototyping micro-scale assemblies, devices or components
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to communicate complex ideas in a straightforward manner and to interact effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Proactive and self-motivated with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams of both R&D and manufacturing staff.
- Proven track record in ink jet printhead development
- Experience of micro-scale fabrication and clean-room processing techniques
- Experience with MEMS fabrication techniques
- Experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams
Tonejet is part of TTP Group, Europe’s leading technology development and licensing company. The successful candidate will participate in a fast moving, world class business, with the opportunity to make a visible contribution to its success and growth. The company offers a competitive salary, opportunities for training and professional development and a broad range of benefits:
- A generous employer pension contribution
- Employee share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Profit share
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.