Senior Product Designer - Healthcare
Cambridge, United Kingdom
At TTP we create innovative products and breakthrough technologies for our clients. Multidisciplinary teams of scientists, engineers and designers collaborate closely to solve complex problems to realise our clients’ most ambitious visions.
We are seeking a versatile and collaborative product designer with an insightful approach to product design, who easily engages with colleagues and customers. You will have a vital role in developing the next generation of medical devices we invent for our clients; making them safe, intuitive and easy to use. You want to make an impact on people's lives by creating better human experiences through product and interface design.
You enjoy approaching problems creatively and apart from product design you like getting involved in prototyping, testing and resolving detailed technical problems.
Healthcare innovation at TTP
Our Medical Devices team has in-depth experience of working to the demanding regulatory requirements of the healthcare sector, allowing us to make our unique product innovation capabilities available to global pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies. We have played a key role in the successful development and commercialisation of ground-breaking products in a myriad of fields including drug delivery, surgical and diagnostics. Our work has advanced healthcare significantly in number of disease areas; including respiratory, cancer, diabetes, ophthalmics, wound, continence, and ostomy.
To apply for the role, please complete the questions on the application form and upload your portfolio under 'additional upload'.
The essential requirements for this role are:
- Extensive product design experience in a high technology industry
- A portfolio showing the significant impact you have made on the development of new products from concept to production
- A strong academic background in Industrial/Product Design or a related discipline
- The enthusiasm to initiate, facilitate and participate in creative thinking sessions
The desirable requirements are:
- Creativity and analytical-thinking skills, based on a broad understanding of product design, usability, mechanical engineering and physical principles
- The ability to devise clever mechanical solutions for complex problems
- User-centred design mindset and an understanding of human factors research techniques
- Comfortable translating high-level intangible user requirements into products designed for usability
- Advanced skills in CAD including design for plastic injection moulding
- Ability to present and communicate ideas through sketches, animations, photorealistic renderings, graphics and user experience design
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We offer employee benefits such as your usual 25 days holiday, private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme, plus:
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Annual profit related bonus
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Life insurance up to 6 times salary
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.