Senior Product Designer - Medical Devices
Cambridge, United Kingdom
TTP creates innovative products and breakthrough technologies for its clients. Teams of scientists, engineers and designers collaborate closely to solve complex and challenging problems to realise our clients’ most ambitious visions.
We are seeking a versatile and dynamic product designer to help us develop next generation medical devices. This role offers the opportunity to make an impact by taking a leading role in the design of a broad range of innovative solutions for our clients’ products, making them safe, intuitive and easy to use.
Your passion to create better human experiences through product and interface design will be key to success and you will also be passionate about prototyping, testing and resolving detailed technical challenges.
You will have the drive to succeed, champion the product design, develop new skills and take increasing responsibility.
The essential requirements for this role are:
- Extensive product design experience in a high technology industry
- A portfolio showing the significant impact you have made on the development of new products from concept to production
- A strong academic background in Industrial/Product Design or a related discipline
The following attributes are highly desirable
- Strong creative and analytical-thinking skills, based on a broad understanding of product design, usability, mechanical engineering and physical principles
- The ability to devise clever mechanical solutions for complex problems
- User-centred design mindset and an understanding of human factors research techniques
- Comfortable translating high-level intangible user requirements into products designed for usability
- Advanced skills in CAD including design for plastic injection moulding
- Ability to present and communicate ideas through sketches, animations, photorealistic renderings, graphics and user experience design
- The enthusiasm to initiate, facilitate and participate in creative thinking sessions
- Ambition to design products that go beyond satisfying users' needs, exceeding their unspoken expectations
To apply for the role, please complete the questions on the application form and upload your portfolio under 'additional upload'.
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Employee share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Profit share
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable