Senior Software Engineer - CHW
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Senior Software Engineer (Instrumentation)
Cellular Highways is building the next generation of cell sorter instruments for cell therapies, cancer treatment and other biotech applications. With our invention of a new microfluidics sorting technology, vortex actuated cell sorting (VACS), we can reduce the cost and complexity of cell sorting and achieve far greater throughput than existing platforms. Our aim is to make cell sorting accessible to every laboratory as well as enabling new clinical applications.
We are a spin-out company from TTP plc (The Technology Partnership) an established technology consulting firm with a successful track record of launching new businesses with disruptive technologies.
Are you looking for an exciting role in a well-funded biotech start-up?
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious Senior Software Engineer to take the lead on software engineering and development functions for our cell sorter instruments. Through your career roles so far, you will have proved your technical capabilities in specifying, writing, and delivering software to the highest standard. You will have the confidence and drive to build the systems, processes and team to your specifications that will allow us to develop and support the Cellular Highways product family as we move towards supporting commercial products to meet demanding customer applications.
Our growing team relies on close-knit interaction between multiple complex technical disciplines. As well as being the leading voice for the software function, you will have a natural intellectual curiosity to allow you to understand and interact with all the technical functions that must seamlessly integrate to realise our technology.
To qualify for this role, you must have:
- Significant Experience developing software applications and GUIs (preferably in C# and Python in a Windows environment using an object-oriented approach)
- Significant experience of design, implementation, and verification of software as part of a complex electronic system which integrates multiple sub-systems (electro-mechanical, electro-optic, signal processing etc)
- Experience in developing software in a commercial regulated software development environment. Experience of working under an ISO13485 following a software development lifecycle such as IEC62304 with consideration of risk management processes (e.g., ISO14971) would be of particular relevance.
- An excellent academic background with a top-class degree from a leading university in electronics / software engineering, computer science, or a physical science
- Strong leadership and inter-personal qualities with experience in recruiting and mentoring junior staff
- Strong ability to grasp a wider range of engineering and scientific topics, working effectively within a multi-disciplinary team and strongly representing the software function
Experience / strong motivation to work in advanced medical technology development
Additionally, familiarity with any of the following would be desirable:
- Using machine vision or image processing to automate instruments – possibly with libraries such as OpenCV and awareness of real time deployment
- Working with embedded processors (such as STM32) and Field Programmable Gate Arrays in complex real-time systems
Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas, and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependants
- Free lunch and all-day refreshments
- Life insurance worth 6x salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, with the option to return part-time for a year
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- A wide range of activities including squash, Zumba, yoga, arts and crafts
- Local sports facilities and theatre discounts and memberships
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.
So, if you’re looking for an influential, impactful, and fulfilling Electronics Engineering Consultant role, apply now.
Our business revolves around collaborating with one another to tackle genuinely hard problems. Equality and diversity in the workplace are some of the most challenging problems facing society. We can’t profess to be perfect in this regard, or to yet have all the answers. But we continuously strive to do better, and we fundamentally believe in the power and importance of diversity – both for our community and for the overall success of our business.
We therefore encourage applications from all individuals. Whatever your background, whatever your identity: we would love to hear from you.