Senior Software Engineer - In Vitro Diagnostics
Cambridge, United Kingdom
This is an exciting opportunity to use your proven experience in developing software for In Vitro Diagnostic Devices (IVDs) to create novel diagnostics instruments for applications such as rapid disease detection and molecular assays.
TTP is a technology consulting business with a global client base. The projects are varied, fast-paced and technically stimulating. You will enjoy communicating and working with other like-minded and supportive colleagues from a wide range of disciplines such as molecular biology and optical physics.
- Significant experience developing embedded software for IVDs in a commercial regulated software development environment. Many of our projects run under ISO13485 with an emphasis on Software Development Lifecycle (e.g. IEC62304) and consideration of risk management processes (e.g. ISO14971)
- You will be very bright with a 1st or 2:1 from a leading university in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics and with clear written and verbal language skills
- Proven experience developing robust real-time software for embedded control systems (bare metal and RTOS) in C/C++
- Ability to interface embedded software with hardware at a low level (e.g. SPI, I2C, UART, USB) as well as high level (e.g. Modbus, CAN, TCP/IP)
- A solid grasp of engineering and basic physics to understand the broader design and development considerations of complex instrumentation
- A good understanding of electronics, schematic design and use of test equipment such as oscilloscopes and logic analysers
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity and you consider that you are a good match for the requirements, please get in touch.
We pay competitive salaries, which we regularly benchmark and review. We also offer a valuable set of benefits including a 12% pension contribution, profit related bonus, enhanced share ownership scheme, private medical insurance, life insurance, and generous relocation allowance where applicable.
Opportunities for career progression are unlimited at TTP. Working at TTP will equip you with a unique combination of technical skills, commercial exposure and the ability to plan, manage and develop complex multi-disciplinary projects. We’re constantly inventing new technologies with the potential to change the world and looking for leaders to justify, champion and incubate businesses that could form the next TTP spin-out.