Signal Processing and Algorithm Engineer
Cambridge, United Kingdom
As an algorithm engineer at TTP you will apply your deep knowledge of applied mathematics and physics to real world problems, extracting valuable information and actionable insight. You will be working with data from a wide range of sensors, with applications ranging from computer vision for autonomous vehicles to the interpretation of nerve signals for implantable medical devices.
You will relish getting stuck in to the fundamentals of computational problems to build solutions where elegance and optimisation are prioritised over convenience. You will enjoy diving deep into the stack to develop computationally tractable algorithms on constrained hardware to enable break-through products.
At TTP, you will gain experience of cutting-edge technologies while benefitting from the experience of an established company. We work with the world’s most exciting and innovative companies to address diverse deep technology problems. By joining our multidisciplinary team as a respected subject matter expert you will help invent novel technologies and technological products that make a difference to people’s lives, grow our clients’ businesses and help our business thrive. High levels of communication, alignment, and trust enable each team member’s insight and energy to contribute to audacious goals.
In time, you will be able to grow strong, collaborative relationships with clients and prospective clients, understanding their needs along with their strategy and vision, building development plans that they buy into, and maintaining this understanding and buy-in through the successes and setbacks of demanding technology projects. With experience, your combination of increasing market and technology insight will enable you to uncover valuable new business opportunities and even whole new areas of business.
- Academic excellence. A strong degree in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline from a world-class university.
- Real-world experience. You have worked in industry or undertaken post-graduate research on signal processing and algorithm design, applying mathematics to draw out meaning from complex real-world data.
- Pragmatism. You understand the compromises needed to integrate your work into resource constrained systems, and how your decisions affect the other elements.
- Insatiable curiosity. Whether it’s new technology, unfamiliar physical principles or just how a business makes its money, you dig deep to generate valuable insight.
- Communication skills. You enjoy collaboration and like to present your work to colleagues and stakeholders, showing why it matters to them.
- Leadership Potential. You take on new responsibilities, seek challenging objectives, and go about them with tenacity and pragmatism.
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Profit related bonus
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.