Software & Electronics Engineer
Cambridge, United Kingdom
TTP Ventus is a Cambridge-based micropump manufacturing business. Our world-class pumps deliver precision, performance, and silent operation – all in a tiny package. Our mission is to provide our customers with high-performance, high-quality products and excellent service, enabling innovation across sectors from medical and life sciences, to environmental and industrial through advances in wearability, portability, and simplicity. You can read more about TTP Ventus at www.ttpventus.com.
We are located on Melbourn Science Park, as part of TTP Group’s own campus of offices, laboratories, and production facilities just outside Cambridge, UK.
As a growing company with an expanding product portfolio, we require a hands-on Software & Electronics Engineer to take ownership of all software and electronics activities. The role includes:
- Owning and building Ventus’ expertise in driving resonant piezoelectric devices
- Maintaining and developing our range of driver boards and modules, and our Evaluation Kit, including associated firmware and application software
- Supporting and expanding our range of in-house software tools
- Providing deep technical customer support
You will collaborate closely with the rest of the Engineering team to deliver new products both externally and internally, and with R&D to optimise performance of the full electromechanical (pump plus electronics) system. In addition, you will provide support to Manufacturing on electronics- and software-related issues, including maintenance of in-house software tools and databases.
The ideal candidate will have solid experience in embedded systems, along with broad technical skills and interests that enable them to turn their hand to technologies they are less familiar with.
- 1st or 2:1 degree in Electronics
- Experience writing embedded C in a professional environment
- Experience with electronics design, schematic capture, and PCB layout
- Comfortable simulating electronics systems in SPICE (for example, LTspice)
- Experience with at least one high level programming language, such as Python or C#
- Experience writing design documentation in support of new product introduction within a QMS
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Comfortable with the STM32 eco-system of MCUs
- Experience of C# / WPF / WinForms / Python
- Familiarity with unit and integration testing
- Experience with databases, for example MySQL or InfluxDB
- Understanding of the Low Voltage Directive, Machinery Directive, and EMC regulations
- Experience with automation systems, such as Allen & Bradley PLCs, Cognex Vision systems
TTP Ventus is part of TTP Group, an employee-owned business operating from green surroundings in Melbourn, just south of Cambridge. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you with the freedom to do your best work.
Our benefits include:
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependants
- Free lunch and all-day refreshments
- Life insurance worth 6 x salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, with the option to return part-time for a year
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- A wide range of activities including squash, Zumba, yoga, arts and crafts, and TTP’s own rock band
- Local sports facilities and theatre discounts and memberships
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable