Software Engineer - CHW
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Software Engineer (Instrumentation)
Cellular Highways is building the next generation of cell sorter instruments for cell therapies, cancer treatment and other biotech applications. With our invention of a new microfluidics sorting technology, vortex actuated cell sorting (VACS), we can reduce the cost and complexity of cell sorting and achieve far greater throughput than existing platforms. Our aim is to make cell sorting accessible to every laboratory as well as enabling new clinical applications.
We are a spin-out company from TTP plc (The Technology Partnership) an established technology consulting firm with a successful track record of launching new businesses with disruptive technologies.
Are you looking for an exciting role in a well-funded biotech start-up?
We are looking for bright, ambitious, and motivated software engineer to work on software development for instrumentation. Cell sorters are sophisticated instruments utilising a range of technologies with software being critical to performance at every level. To achieve world beating performance, this requires smooth and reliable integration with many complex sub-systems, and you will work in close collaboration with our multidisciplinary team to create solutions which are far greater than the sum of their parts. Current key tasks are GUI development and instrument control, implementation of control systems on SOM, and supporting the evolution of software toward productisation and standards compliance.
To qualify for this role, you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, or a physical science
- Experience developing software applications and GUIs for instrumentation / hardware
- Experience in design, implementation, and verification of software
- Highly proficient in at least one programming language such as Python, C++, or C#
- Appreciation of test methodologies
Additionally, familiarity with any of the following would be desirable:
- Python with NumPy and PyQt desired
- Using machine vision or image processing to automate instruments – possibly with libraries such as OpenCV and awareness of real time deployment.
- Experience with Linux
Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas, and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependants
- Free lunch and all-day refreshments
- Life insurance worth 6x salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, with the option to return part-time for a year
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- A wide range of activities including squash, Zumba, yoga, arts and crafts
- Local sports facilities and theatre discounts and memberships
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.
So, if you’re looking for an influential, impactful, and fulfilling Software role, apply now.
Our business revolves around collaborating with one another to tackle genuinely hard problems. Equality and diversity in the workplace are some of the most challenging problems facing society. We can’t profess to be perfect in this regard, or to yet have all the answers. But we continuously strive to do better, and we fundamentally believe in the power and importance of diversity – both for our community and for the overall success of our business.
We therefore encourage applications from all individuals. Whatever your background, whatever your identity: we would love to hear from you.