Software Engineer - Tonejet
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Tonejet Limited is seeking an experienced and talented Software Engineer to join its growing Engineering team. The successful candidate will have a strong background in developing .NET (C#) software for machine control or test and measurement.
The Software Engineer will have the support of a strong team but will need to be able to take responsibility for driving projects ranging from bug fixes to new-feature development through to completion.
Tonejet develops cutting-edge technology and products in digital printing, based on our proprietary electrostatic drop-on-demand ink ejection technology. Our current focus is on the Cyclone machine, designed for digital printing of metal packaging. We are at an exciting point in the company’s growth as we approach the first Beta-machine installations, while simultaneously looking at new opportunities and applications for our unique and disruptive technology. As part of a dynamic, creative and inventive team you’ll be given the room to grow your skills and specialise in the areas you excel while retaining the broad variety of day to day work.
As a software engineer at Tonejet your contribution will be immediate, involving a mixture of hands-on development with machines and systems, product improvement programmes and ground-up design work, which might include:
- Design and development of machine control software
- Low-level hardware interfacing
- User interface development
- Image processing
- Development of test systems and software
Qualifications and Training:
- 1st or Upper 2nd Class Degree (2:1) in Science or Engineering.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience as a Software Engineer for a product-development company.
- Experience in the following areas of software development is desirable
- UI/UX design and implementation for complex machines or equipment, using WPF / XAML.
- Interfacing with low-level Hardware like PLCs / Sensors / embedded systems / networked devices.
- Robust architecture design for software solutions, demonstrating modularity and loosely coupled interactions between sub-systems.
- Understanding of the MVVM architectural pattern.
- Unit Testing / Scripted Testing for improved software testing and robustness.
- TCP/IP based network communications between applications and systems.
- Asynchronous programming for C#.
- Planning projects for deploying new features / improvements to software.
- Experience in working to coding standards.
- Experience of using version-control and bug-reporting software.
- Using and setting up Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment processes would be an advantage.
- Some experience or knowledge of image processing and manipulation for industry formats would be desirable (but not essential) for this role.
- You have initiative, good communication skills, attention to detail, an analytical and innovative approach and the ability to thrive under pressure.
To apply for this vacancy please submit your CV and a cover letter – which should give examples from your experience showing that you have the required skills.
Tonejet is part of TTP Group, an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- A generous employer pension contribution
- Employee share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Profit share
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.