Software Engineer - Tonejet
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Tonejet Limited is seeking an experienced and talented Software Engineer to join its growing Engineering team. The successful candidate will have a strong background in developing .NET (C#) software for machine control or test and measurement.
The Software Engineer will have the support of a strong team but will need to be able to take responsibility for driving projects ranging from bug fixes to new-feature development through to completion.
Tonejet develops cutting-edge technology and products in digital printing, based on our proprietary electrostatic drop-on-demand ink ejection technology. Our current focus is on the Cyclone machine, designed for digital printing of metal packaging. As part of a dynamic, creative and inventive team you’ll be given the room to grow your skills and specialise in the areas you excel while retaining the broad variety of day-to-day work.
As a software engineer at Tonejet your contribution will be immediate, involving a mixture of hands-on development with machines and systems, product improvement programmes and ground-up design work, which might include:
- Design and development of machine control software
- Low-level hardware interfacing
- User interface development
- Image processing
- Development of test systems and software
- Supporting system test and commissioning
Qualifications and Training:
- 1st or Upper 2nd Class Degree (2:1) in Science or Engineering.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the following areas of software development is desirable
- UI/UX design and implementation for complex machines or equipment, using WPF / XAML.
- Understanding of the MVVM architectural pattern.
- Interfacing with low-level Hardware like PLCs / Sensors / embedded systems / networked devices.
- Robust architecture design for software solutions, demonstrating modularity and loosely coupled interactions between sub-systems.
- Unit Testing / Scripted Testing for improved software testing and robustness.
- TCP/IP based network communications between applications and systems.
- Asynchronous programming for .Net.
- Planning projects for deploying new features / improvements to software.
- Experience of Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment using Microsoft Azure DevOps would be an advantage.
- Some experience or knowledge of image processing and manipulation for industry formats would be desirable (but not essential) for this role.
- Some PLC programming experience is desirable
- Demonstrable skills in creative problem solving of complex systems would benefit your application – often a problem reported as a software error has an ultimate root cause outside of the system software.
- You have initiative, good communication skills, attention to detail, an analytical and innovative approach and the ability to thrive under pressure.
Tonejet is part of TTP Group, an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- A generous employer pension contribution
- Employee share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Profit share
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.