Software Project Leader - Medical Diagnostics
Cambridge, United Kingdom
At TTP, multidisciplinary teams of scientists, engineers and designers collaborate closely to solve complex problems and create disruptive technologies. Our clients range from innovative start-ups to some of the world’s largest and most respected companies.
As a TTP Software Project Leader, you will be working on exciting projects that have the potential to bring tangible benefits to people around the world. Most of the projects you will work on will be in the field of medical diagnostics. Our multi-disciplinary teams have designed and delivered innovative bench top analysis systems for a number of different clients in recent years, and we want to continue and develop this track record with your help.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your engineering skills across a range of disciplines. You will be a key member of our engineering team. You will have experience of leading software projects, but you will be flexible in your approach and will have the opportunity to work closely with the broader electronics, mechanical, biology and system engineering aspects of the projects as well.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Plan and manage the content, budget, schedule, deliverables, and resourcing for software projects, usually as part of a wider multi-disciplinary project team
- Provide day to day leadership for our software engineers and enable the successful delivery of software projects, both large and small
- Support TTP’s technical sales activities by providing high level estimates, timelines, risks and assumptions to the proposal / bid process
- Follow and contribute to the ongoing development of TTP’s quality management system for software projects.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience of Project Management and leadership of, mostly embedded, Software Projects across a range of sizes, durations and domains as part of a broader multidisciplinary team.
- Manage the full software engineering life cycle including requirements gathering, creation of project plans and schedules, and obtaining and managing resources.
- Facilitate project execution, deployment and closure.
- Excellent knowledge of different delivery methodologies such as Waterfall/Agile/ Iterative and knowledge of how to apply them effectively.
- Experience of identifying and managing work packages for internal and external teams
- Able to engage and influence a wide range of stakeholders, including customers, directors, other project managers and the development teams
- Able to work across multiple projects, concurrently and as required.
- Excellent communication skills to summarise project status and discuss critical issues/milestones.
- Hands-on and practical with the ability to solve problems as they arise
- Eager to tackle new challenges
- An excellent academic record with 1st or 2:1 degree in Software Engineering or equivalent
Other useful skills for this role:
- Software development experience
- Experience as Product Owner, SCRUM Master or similar roles – Certifications welcome.
- Use of planning and task tracking tools such as JIRA
- Experience of defining and tracking work packages with external development partners
- Familiar with agile project management, including SCRUM, Kanban or SAFe
- APM/PMI certified
- Familiar with multiple project estimation techniques
- Knowledge of embedded and system software development, this may be from working in industries such as Medical, Defence, Automotive, Aerospace or Railways.
- Knowledge of Quality assurance processes for software such as IEC62304 or DO-178B/C
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from green surroundings on Melbourn Science Park, 10 miles south of Cambridge. We’re currently building our brand-new, purpose-built, sustainable offices and labs in the same location.
Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We offer employee benefits such as your usual 25 days holiday, private medical insurance (incl. dependents), cycle to work scheme, plus:
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Free lunch and all-day fresh fruit, snacks and hot and cold drinks
- Life insurance up to 6 times salary
- Enhanced family friendly maternity and paternity leave
- Hybrid working – we value the collaborative culture we’ve built and see the benefit in-person interaction brings to our colleagues and the business. However, we understand the importance of work-life balance and offer freedom and flexibility in how you self-manage your working week.
- Our activities and community fund supports healthy activities that bring colleagues together; whether it’s lunchtime squash or football, Zumba or TTP’s own rock band. Colleagues initiate new clubs and outings whenever they feel there’s something missing!
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.