Cambridge, United Kingdom
Consultants at TTP invent novel technologies and technological products that make a difference to people’s lives, grow our clients’ businesses and help our business thrive.
Your work will have a clear and direct impact on ambitious projects, by working in small teams with a high degree of devolved responsibility. This will draw on your strong technical background in Science or Engineering, your ability to quickly grasp unfamiliar topics and your effective collaboration with people from a variety of backgrounds.
Your project planning skills and judgement will enable you to balance carefully the uncertainties of R&D with time and budget constraints. High levels of communication, alignment, and trust enable each team member’s insight and energy to shape outcomes and contribute to team goals.
You will grow strong, collaborative relationships with clients and prospective clients, understanding them along with their strategy and vision, developing plans that they buy into, and maintaining this understanding and buy-in through the successes and setbacks of challenging technology projects. With experience, your combination of increasing market and technology insight will enable you to uncover valuable new business opportunities and even new areas of business.
With superb facilities, training, and the freedom to innovate, your future at TTP is what you make it. We value ambition, leadership and technical excellence and we provide a fantastic environment to develop your career.
As an employee-owned business everyone contributes to and is responsible for our success, so we look for confident, driven and positive people who will fit in and add value.
The essential requirements for this role are:
• A strong degree in a Science or Engineering discipline
• Ability to generate theoretical and empirical evidence.
• Insatiable curiosity. Whether it’s new technology, unfamiliar engineering principles or how a business makes money, you dig down to generate valuable insight
• Communication skills. You enjoy collaborating and presenting your work to others and explaining why it matters to them.
• Drive. You take on new responsibilities, seek challenging objectives, and pursue them with tenacity and pragmatism.
Candidates with greater experience will increasingly fulfil these additional requirements:
• Leadership. You build collaboration by engaging with the needs and perspectives of clients, colleagues, and other stakeholders, enabling you to act in others’ interests, build confidence, and establish trust.
• Insight. You demonstrate technical and commercial insight and the ability to apply these to development decisions, and to uncovering commercial opportunities.
• Initiative. You seek out opportunities – whether technological, commercial, personal, or otherwise – and take action to make the most of them.
Our roles are open to applicants at any career stage, from recent graduate, PhD and PostDoc to experienced professional.
• You will be expected to demonstrate the essential requirements even at the start of your career. Tell us how your extra-curricular activities or internship help demonstrate your wider potential.
• A few years into your career you will have a demonstrable track record, but still have plenty of scope to develop. Tell us about your achievements in industry or your accomplishments during your PhD and PostDoc.
• As an experienced professional, you will be able to demonstrate your technical and commercial impact. Tell us how you can expand TTP’s capabilities or build a new area of business.
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Profit related bonus
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.