Stores Controller - Tonejet
Melbourn, United Kingdom
Tonejet Ltd is seeking a Stores Controller to take a key position within a small manufacturing team in the manufacture of ground-breaking digital printing machinery. You will be expected to manage the stores department and process all incoming goods, ensuring that product received is accurate against the purchase order and the data is recorded correctly within the ERP system. You will also be required to provide kits of parts to the manufacturing team to enable build of the company’s products in a timely manner. The role also includes driving the company van to deliver and collect items between the two Tonejet sites and make any local collections as required.
Job role and responsibilities:
- Goods In - receiving goods, verifying delivered parts are correct, processing their receipt against purchase orders and updating the ERP system accordingly. Attention to detail is paramount when performing this task.
- Processing Job Orders and picking kits from a wide variety of parts, from small, delicate components needing careful handling to large and heavy sheet metal and machined parts.
- Manage the supply of non-stock consumables to various staff and locations within the company.
- Monitor Kanban items and, where necessary, alert the materials team to low stock levels of key items.
- Carry out stock checks on all items in inventory.
- Ensure the ERP system is kept up to date and ensure accurate information is recorded regarding stock locations and stock movements.
- Ensure the safe loading and unloading of materials onto vehicles and into the facility and assisting colleagues in this task where necessary.
- Maintain a safe working environment within the stores area, observing all current Health and Safety legislation. Work should be carried out within a 5S environment wherever possible.
- We are a small company and flexibility is key. You may be asked to carry out other duties from time to time to help the smooth and effective running of the manufacturing department and the facility.
Qualifications & experience
- Previous experience within a manufacturing company and a stores environment is essential.
- A full, UK driving licence. Please note that driving the company van is an essential requirement for this role and the successful applicant will therefore need to be over 25 years of age in order to meet the conditions of our insurance policy.
- Confident and accurate written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems & use of MS Office applications.
- A Forklift Truck licence is desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of Dangerous Goods packing would be advantageous but is not essential as training can be given.
- Qualified to GCSE level Grade C (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics.
- Diligent and inquisitive with excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work proactively and independently, be methodical and exceptionally organised but with the judgement to seek help and assistance where necessary.
- Ability to multitask whilst maintaining good levels of accuracy.
- Determination to follow through on challenging tasks with logical reasoning and a “can do attitude”.
- Willingness to learn new skills and the ability to make improvements to the existing stores set up would be an advantage.
Tonejet is part of TTP Group, an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- A generous employer pension contribution
- Employee share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Profit share
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.