Summer Internships, 2021
Cambridge, United Kingdom
We are looking for current undergraduate students who are looking to complete a summer internship with us. TTP is an independent technology company where scientists and engineers collaborate to invent, design and develop new products and technologies. We work with the world’s most ambitious companies to address diverse, deep technology problems that enable advanced products which make a difference to people’s lives.
An internship at TTP presents the opportunity to join us for a summer, working alongside our consultants and gaining an insight into life within a technical consultancy. You will contribute to exciting live client and internal TTP projects to get hands-on, practical experience and learn more about what a career in innovative technology and product development can offer. As TTP is a multi-disciplinary environment, you will work alongside talented people from a wide range of academic backgrounds – from biologists, to engineers, to physicists – getting to learn from them, whilst also making your own mark on projects.
We are looking for students who are ready to create their own opportunities within TTP. You will be encouraged to participate in all areas of the work we do, including time in the lab, joining team meetings and interacting with our clients; experiencing the day-to-day reality of a career with one of Europe’s leading technology businesses.
The length of internships can be flexible according to individual circumstances, but we do ask for a commitment of a minimum of eight weeks.
Please note that, as applications are considered on a rolling basis, we do recommend applying sooner rather than later. All summer placements are typically filled by the end of January.
When considering applications, we are looking for individuals with the following qualifications and personal characteristics:
• Studying towards a 1st or high 2.1 degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Biomedical, Electrical and Electronics, General, Information, Mechanical or Software), Life Sciences or Physics at a leading university (similar disciplines considered)
• Must have completed at least 2 years of study by the time of the start of your internship (so students at the beginning of second year are very welcome to apply!)
• Evidence of applied practical skills
• Technically very strong
• Enthusiastic and curious in nature. We want people who love to learn and get to the heart of a problem – and who do so enthusiastically!
• Self-motivated, with the ability to take your own initiative and seek out new responsibilities, as well as to work well collaboratively within a team
- An ability to be both creative and to make things work
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work.
This is a paid internship, with TTP’s flat structure providing you with the opportunity to take on significant responsibilities.
Other benefits include 25 days’ annual holiday (pro rata), plus bank holidays; lunchtime activities on offer, such as Zumba, football and the TTP rock band; discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre.