Cambridge, United Kingdom
TTP consultants invent novel technologies and technological products that make a difference to people’s lives, grow both our clients’ and TTP’s businesses. In this role, you will work with world leaders in the fields of surgical instrumentation and robotics to create innovative products and provide commercial insight.
With a background in either research or commercial product development, you will have direct experience of developing technologies relevant to surgical robotics. Familiarity with the medical device industry or experience working in a clinical setting will be beneficial.
You will be involved in wide ranging aspects of technology and product development such as invention, analysis, computational modelling, prototyping, laboratory testing, process development, product design and transfer to manufacture. As well as bringing depth in physics or engineering, your technical breadth will enable you to quickly grasp new ideas and collaborate effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds.
You will have the opportunity to lead challenging projects, identify commercial opportunities and develop enabling technologies that unlock those opportunities. You will work directly with clients and, through understanding their technical and business needs, find and pursue the most advantageous solutions.
The essential requirements for this role are:
- Academically bright. A strong degree or equivalent in physics or engineering from a world-class university. A PhD or similar is advantageous, if pertinent to surgical robotics.
- Experience with clinically or surgically relevant technologies. You have worked in development of technologies relevant to soft tissue robotics or hard tissue robotics.
The following attributes are highly desirable:
- Experience working in a clinical setting or on medical product developments.
- Creativity. You enjoy finding innovative solutions to problems and apply your technical knowledge to come up with creative ideas.
- A hands-on attitude. You enjoy making what you design or taking your theories into the lab and putting them to the test.
- Insatiable curiosity. Whether it’s new technology or how a business makes money, you dig deep to generate valuable insight.
- Analytical approach. You apply your knowledge and research skills to undertake detailed analysis of technical problems.
- Communication skills. You enjoy collaborating and presenting your work to others.
- Energy. You seek new responsibilities, take on challenging objectives, and pursue them with tenacity and pragmatism.
- Initiative. You take action to exploit opportunities – whether technological, commercial, personal, or otherwise – and make the most of them.
- Leadership. You build collaboration by engaging with the needs and perspectives of clients, colleagues, and other stakeholders, enabling you to act in others’ interests, build confidence, and establish trust
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Profit related bonus
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.