System Manufacturing Technician
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Tonejet is a powerful digital print technology designed exclusively to meet these needs and is leading the way in digital printing innovation. We manufacture industrial systems for the direct decoration of beverage cans and other packaging. Our customers offer mass customisation and ultra-short print runs with no label waste, pin-sharp print quality and low running costs.
We are seeking an experienced Manufacturing Technician to join the team responsible for the roll-out of its ground-breaking digital printing technology.
The role will involve working as part of the production team assembling mechanical, electro-pneumatic, and fluidic systems.
A flexible approach to working is essential in this expanding company. The opportunity to assist with other activities such as the design, installation, and commissioning of systems may be available to suitably qualified candidates.
We are looking for:
- A background in machine building from drawings including experience of
- Mechanical assembly
- Pneumatic and fluidic circuits
- Electrical wiring
- Experience of working in a production environment, preferably with exposure to Kanban systems, Lean manufacturing, etc.
- The ability to plan their own work, taking into account the needs of the rest of the team.
- The ability to maintain accurate records, computer literacy to include MS Office products.
- Self-motivation and the ability to communicate and interact well within the team
For the right candidate there may be the opportunity to travel. Therefore possession of a full passport, and the ability to travel in the UK and Overseas, sometimes at short notice, would be an advantage.
The ideal candidate will also have an understanding of designing, fabricating and aligning parts to the tolerances required within the inkjet printing industry.
Tonejet is part of TTP Group, an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- A generous employer pension contribution
- Employee share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Profit share
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.