Technician - Awerian
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Awerian are looking for a Technician to join a multidisciplinary team working on cutting edge technology in the Defence sector.
Awerian provides research and development services that extend and enhance the ability of the United Kingdom and its Allies to defend themselves and to protect the future prosperity of their citizens. This encompasses ideas generation to address challenging problems, the rapid design and implementation of technology demonstrators, through to complete product design and transfer manufacture. Awerian operates collaboratively or stand-alone and configures its working practices to address the needs of specific projects.
Awerian formed from an internal group within TTP plc which had been working in defence and related areas for more than 10 years.
The requirements for this role are:
- HND / C&G or equivalent in electrical engineering, electronics, or similar. Experience will also be considered in lieu of formal qualifications.
- Experience of:
- Prototype equipment assembly, wiring, soldering and PCB modifications
- Mechanical modification of parts – familiarity with common machine-shop tools and equipment preferred
- Rapid creation of prototype adaptors, mounts and housings for circuits, sensors, and mechanical stages
- Undertaking experimentation including electrical characterisation and measurements of test circuits
- Building and programming simple control electronics e.g. Arduino-based
- Willing to contribute to research and development activity, in particular be willing to use initiative to work from sketches and early-stage design information
- Applicants must be able to hold a UK security clearance
Awerian Ltd is part of TTP Group, an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, near Cambridge. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas, and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- Profit related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.