Test Engineer - Cellular Highways
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Cellular Highways is a spin-out with the mission to launch a range of automated high-throughput cell sorting instruments for research and clinical applications. The venture has strong backing from TTP Group, an established technology innovation and development firm.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your engineering skills to develop a range of breakthrough healthcare products for advanced therapy manufacture. Your role will focus on the optimisation and transfer-to-production of instruments and single-use consumables. The successful candidate will be a key member of the engineering team working on innovative instrumentation featuring optical, fluidic, thermal, mechanical, electronic and software systems.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Evaluate, trouble-shoot and optimise prototype product hardware and software
- Conduct formal verification testing against specifications
- Collect, analyse and present test data to inform development decisions
- Generate detailed and accurate reports for the medical device file
- Design experiments and test rigs to carry out exploratory testing of new concepts
- Inspect and test prototype product modules (e.g. electronics systems) before integration
- Test new and existing software features and generate reports of all bugs identified
- Plan and implement software acceptance testing of release candidates
- Develop sub-assembly tests and Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) for use in production
- Support the quick resolution of customer issues by investigating root causes
- Other tasks as required for the release of reliable products to our customers
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate that they are:
- Degree qualified in an engineering or related discipline
- Skilled in the testing of complex, high precision instrumentation and systems
- Experienced in working within a quality management system (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 13485)
- Proficient in operating lab equipment and following lab practices
- An effective team player who interacts well with colleagues across the company
- Flexible in selecting a rigorous or pragmatic testing approach to fit the situation
- Enthusiastic about product reliability and continuous improvement
- User-focussed; keen to ensure an excellent user experience
- Hands-on and practical with the ability to solve problems as they arise
- Eager to tackle new challenges
Cellular Highways operate from pleasant surroundings on Melbourn Science Park, South Cambridgeshire where our parent company, TTP, are also based. Our working culture is sociable and fun. It is an environment where ideas are shared and debated.
We offer a competitive salary. Other benefits include 25 days’ annual holiday (pro rata), plus bank holidays; lunchtime activities on offer, such as Zumba, football and the TTP rock band; discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre; access to a cycle to work scheme.