TTP Summer Internship, 2020
Cambridge, United Kingdom
TTP is an independent technology and product development company. We work in partnership with our clients to bring new products to market, creating new business from advances in technology, and making an impact on the world and people’s lives.
An internship at TTP presents the opportunity to join us for a summer and work alongside our consultants. You will contribute to exciting live client and internal TTP projects to get hands-on, practical experience and learn more about what a career in innovative technology and product development can offer. As TTP is a multi-disciplinary environment, you will work alongside talented people from a wide range of academic backgrounds – from biologists, to engineers, to physicists – getting to learn from them, whilst also making your own mark on projects.
We are looking for students who are ready to create their own opportunities within TTP. You will be encouraged to participate in all areas of the work we do, including time in the lab, joining team meetings and interacting with our clients; in short, experiencing the day-to-day reality of a career within one of Europe’s leading technology businesses.
Our technology lies behind many products and processes in areas as diverse as healthcare and life sciences, instrumentation, aerospace & defence, industrial products, sensing, and communications. You can therefore expect an internship to be placed within any of these sectors. The length of internships can be flexible based on your individual circumstances, although students are generally here for a minimum of 8 weeks.
- Studying towards a 1st or high 2:1 degree in Engineering (General, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics, Biomedical, Software, Mechatronics), Physics or Mathematics at a leading university (all similar disciplines are considered)
- Must have completed at least 2 years of study
- Evidence of applied practical skills
- Technically very strong
- Enthusiastic and curious in nature. We want people who love to learn and get to the heart of a problem – and who do so enthusiastically!
- Self-motivated, with the ability to take your own initiative and seek out new responsibilities, as well as to work well collaboratively within a team
- An ability to be both creative and to make things work
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. Employee benefits include:
- 25 days’ annual holiday, plus bank holidays (annual leave is pro on a pro rata basis if here for less than a year)
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme (depending on length of internship)